Giving Scrivener as a Gift?

Hi there,

I’ve been using the Windows version of Scrivener for a while, and I got my Mac-using writer friend to try it out. They love it (of course), but can’t quite afford to buy it at the moment, so I’d like to buy them a copy as a gift.

What’s the best way of going about that? (If these things are relevant: my friend is in Canada, while I’m in the UK, and they’re a Mac and I’m a PC.)

Thank you for wanting to gift Scrivener! There’s no official system in place, but essentially you just go through the regular checkout at the webstore but enter your friend’s name for the license. If you’d like, you can purchase Scrivener on a CD to have a physical gift rather than just the license number, but it’s not necessary–and especially since your friend has already downloaded the program to do the trial, all that’s needed is to just plug in the registration details, no re-installation or anything like that.

This page may help you out too: Purchasing Scrivener as a Gift.

Glad you’ve been enjoying Scrivener so much. Thanks again for purchasing! :slight_smile:

Thank you for replying so quickly! I knew it would probably be answered somewhere, I just couldn’t find it - as usual.

I now have a very happy friend.