Graphical glitch

I loaded up Scrivener today and it presented me with this graphical glitch. It worked fine yesterday, don’t know if I have done anything that could have led to this. I am using the latest beta (at least I think so, I downloaded beta 13 although it say 022 in the About scrivener dialog). I am running Ubuntu 10.04.

Notice how the background is grey and large portions of the text are hidden by the yellow highlight. Also notice that the synopsis cards does not render properly.

Yeah I get this, too, sometimes, but I haven’t been able to reliably reproduce it. If you go into appearance and select default colors for everything, it should come back to normal.

Yes thanks, that solved it.

Thanks for the help, this solved it for me too. Every color option (both foreground and background colors) were set to gray for me. Let’s hope this bug gets tracked down and fixed. :slight_smile:

I know you guys are on linux and I’m on windows but I experienced something similar when I changed my default theme ie change colours that affect whole OS. Is it possible you’ve done something similar with your linux configurations?

Nope, and I can reproduce the bug by shutting down Scrivener and starting it up again.

The only thing I change before doing this is setting all the colors back to their default values, and the next time the application starts, they will all be set to gray.

Where does Scrivener save its color configuration values under Linux? Perhaps the file permissions have changed for some reason so the options can’t be saved?

Yeah that wouldn’t have anything to do with it. I can reliably reproduce it by just switching into fullscreen.

I found a quick workaround until this gets fixed.

Go into the Options-menu and set your colors to your preferences, then click ‘Manage’ and save your settings.

Should your settings get reverted, just load your customized settings under ‘Manage’ again and keep typing away like nothing happened. :slight_smile:

I discovered a similar bug this morning. After turning my laptop on (actually, coming out of Xubuntu Sleep) all text within the text pane had “disappeared”. I couldn’t figure it out until I read this thread, went to the Options menu, and found that all the colour text options had a null setting (ie no colour set in the colour selection box). Not sure why this should happen sporadically, but it’s the first time for me. I’m running Xubuntu 10.04 LTS.

This bug aside, a big thank you to the team for porting to Linux. Scrivener is proving very, very helpful to this writer in managing his 112,000 word manuscript.