Guide for editing compile Appearances?

This is my first post in this community, so I’m sure this is probably a stupid question, but after scouring the iOS tutorial and the first two pages of several Google searches, I can’t for the life of me find a guide to editing Appearances for compiling. The Tutorial says the Appearances are written in YAML, but do I need to learn YAML in order to successfully make my own changes to Appearances?

Specifically, I’d like to be able to have Scrivener export pieces in various types of online message board formatting. Primarily, BB Code and the (as far as I know) unique formatting markup used on TVTropes. I figure it shouldn’t be difficult to get Scrivener to translate “Blah blah blah text” into either BB Code:

[I]Blah blah blah text[/I]

or TVTropes markup:

''Blah blah blah text''

And so on. Probably. But I’m not an expert. Is there a one-stop shop for Scrivener-related YAML markup, or do I invest in a six-pack of cheap beer, settle in, and plan on spending a few hours learning a new markup language?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Also: Excited to be here. I stumbled onto Scrivener when a complete stranger mentioned it on the TVT forums; I was intrigued, so I Googled it and instantly fell in love. I have it on iOS and Windows, but I’m primarily using it on iOS.

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaand as it turns out, it was in fact a stupid question. A few haphazard taps later and I’ve found the Appearances Help screen. So I no longer need a “one-stop shop” for Appearance editing.

However, I don’t see information on the specific type of formatting I want to do, so that part of my question still stands: Is there a way to format an Appearance so that italics/underlines/etc will be converted to, at the very least, their BBCode equivalent and preferably other options as well (HTML, custom formatting, etc.)?