Hashtags in PDF Exports

Hey there!

I have been using Scrivener for just a few days now, loving it, but have had an issue with the formatting. Whenever it is exported as a PDF there are hashtags in the chapter breaks. Any idea how to get rid of them?

:slight_smile:

Hashtags? You mean you’re getting #TwitterKeywords in your manuscript? That is certainly nothing Scrivener would be doing on its own. You should use the Project Search feature to search for them, they are probably somewhere in your text.

Or are you meaning to refer to the punctuation mark itself—the sharp, the hashmark, the One True Octothorp:

#

If so, these prior threads may be of some assistance:

Hey Amber,

I was definitely referring to the punctuation mark :laughing: Thanks for the articles, I will check them out. Xoxo

Hello, Ioa.

I know that in the UK, “hashtag” is now accepted as meaning the hash sign (as a punctuation symbol) – see the OED etc. I looked at Merriam Webster, and it also references hashtag as meaning the hash sign:

“also : the symbol # as used in a hashtag”

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hashtag

Is hashtag meaning the hash sign not universally accepted in the USA? Personally, I think the Wikipedia article linked to (that says hashtag is used incorrectly when referring to the hash sign) is some years out of date, at least in terms of common usage in the UK.

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/hashtag

dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio … sh/hashtag

Slàinte mhòr.