Header positioning

I really need better control over how headers are positioned (for exporting to pdf). Something in the latest update seemed to make this even worse. Specifically, I need the ability to specify exactly where the header is going to be on the page, regardless of the margin settings. Hope that makes sense.

Have you tried the tips provided in this post yet?

I want more precise handling than that.

That should give you the control you need. What more control do you need over that, out of interest? There are no plans for further changes to header positioning, though, sorry.

All the best,
Keith

Well, I guess I must be doing something wrong because I’ve followed your instructions and can’t get the header to be positioned exactly where I want it. So, guess I’m out of luck.

Can you post more details so that we can help? What are you trying to achieve and where is the header ending up? The header is placed halfway between the top of the page and the top of the text, or half an inch down if the borders are enormous. The “top of the page” is defined by the printable area of your printer, which can be overridden in Page Setup (part of the Mac’s standard print set-up) using those instructions. Without more information on what is going wrong for you, it is difficult to help.

All the best,
Keith