Headers, Spacing, and Madness...

Headers, Spacing, and Madness…

So, below with Text 1 and Text 2-n, I have a particular set of data I want to display. Both for readability and to offset the context of the data, I’m trying to include a blank line before Text 1 and two after Text 1 for each chapter in the work. When exported for ePub/mobi, however, the results are less than optimal. (flagging the note to compile “as-is” has the desired effect in other formats)

Data
Text 1: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, nunc ipsum vestibulum at, in tristique consequat ante quis augue vestibulum, amet convallis sed hac tristique. – Aenean ante libero id justo

Text 2 - n:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, nunc ipsum vestibulum at, in tristique consequat ante quis augue vestibulum, amet convallis sed hac tristique. Aenean ante libero id justo nisl, est sit integer blandit risus nisl. Nonummy massa vestibulum vivamus, mi nunc eu, in condimentum vitae lobortis pharetra. Pretium sit felis nisl, lobortis libero donec esse nulla sunt. Magna in sed sem velit, eros in ut, cras at pede. Molestie dolor tincidunt vel laoreet bibendum torquent. Mollis nec suspendisse.

What I’m trying to achieve

What it does
Yet, no matter what formatting tricks I pull, nor what I try to tell the formatting

I’m hoping the answer is deceptively simple rather than obtuse or impossible.

I just tried this, compiling to .epub and opening in ADE, and it seems to work all right, so presumably it’s doable. What program are you using to view the compiled document? It’s likely just not displaying the empty lines, and you may get different results with another reader. Make sure too that you’re up to date with version 1.5.7 of Scrivener, as there was a workaround for this in earlier versions to help force blank lines to be displayed in Adobe Digital Editions and others.