Hebrew fonts

GEN 1:1 Upon starting, E’lohim had produced both the ethereal-openness and the terrestrial-elements.
בְּרֵאשִׁית בָּרָא אֱלוֹהִים אֵת הַשָּׁמַיִם וְאֵת הָאָרֶץ:
GEN 1:2 But what was terrestrial had been diffuse and erratic, with darkness shrouding its abysm… yet the Ruach-E’lohim was gently-coursing near its wateriness.
וְהָאָרֶץ הָיְתָה תוֹהוּ וָבוֹהוּ וְחוֹשֶׁךְ עַל־פְּנֵי תְהוֹם וְרוּחַ אֱלוֹהִים מְרַחֶפֶת עַל־פְּנֵי הַמָּיִם:

===========================

The above is English and Hebrew Script. The first Scrivner-Windows was able to format and display the Hebrew text properly. The above on this page can only display it. It does not format the Hebrew to a right justification, nor to a right-to-left directional logic.

The current 1.5 cannot display the Hebrew font. It does register that it is the proper Hebrew font (SBL Hebrew), but it just looks like ASCII characters that are above #127.

I have discovered a difference… What I had done is to originally work from the PageFour program. I had imported the Hebrew text into it from BibleWorks. I then imported the PageFour RTF into Scrivener, and it did not handle the RTF formatting for the Hebrew properly.

Today I have copy/pasted from BibleWorks directly into Scrivener, just as I had with PageFour, and Scrivener has formatted the text properly. So there seems to be an incompatibility with the PageFour RTF methods. Which means that one of you is not being exhaustive with their RTF coding.

Here is another quirk… the PolyEdit editor can pick up the PageFour RTF and format it properly. But when I try to cut/paste from PolyEdit to Scrivener it gets the same result as from PageFour to Scrivener.

Then I cut/paste from PolyEdit to DavkaWriter and it displayed and formatted properly. So I copy/pasted from DavkaWriter to Scrivener and it did not work… because DavkaWriter copies with the David.ttf, and Scrivener could not display the David font as anything but empty squares. But I changed the David font to SBL Hebrew from within Scrivener and it displayed the Hebrew properly.

The problem still exists in version 1.7

I don’t think I have mentioned that I am working with Unicode fonts.