Help! I did something stupid with the corkboard-

And there is no undo in the edit menu, nor anywhere else that I can see. I have been revising, and, when clicking from one chapter to another, I must somehow have ended up dragging, rather than simply clicking between chapers, so that I now have an unwanted. stack in the corkboard. The earlier chapter is trapped underneath the later one, and will now print out directly after it, and not where it ought to be. I am happy with my revisions and don’t want to lose them, but I want to get rid of this stack and get the chapters back where they belong. How can I get the chapters back in the right place, and not where they are now? I really don’t know how I managed to mess up like this :blush:

I’ve taken a screenshot and will try to add it here so you can see what I’m talking about. The chapter called “Defiance” which is now hidden under “Ashes”, ought to come before it. And I don’t want any sort of stack.What can I do to get things back the way they were?

No worries. It sounds like you dragged one chapter on top of another, thereby nesting them.

The easiest way to fix it is probably in the Binder. Click on the triangle so that the whole stack is visible. Then just drag the misplaced chapter back to where you want it.

For future reference, it’s not a bad idea to make a backup before you make extensive changes.

Katherine

Hi Mary,

Don’t worry, it’s an easy fix. You can just drag it back into place in the binder, or if you prefer keyboard precision you can select the “Defiance” chapter in the binder and use Ctrl-Cmd-LeftArrow to move it out from being a subdocument and then Ctrl-Cmd-UpArrow to move it above “Ashes” in the hierarchy.

If you’re always working with flat lists like this and want to prevent accidentally dropping cards onto others and forming stacks, you can deselect “Allow Drop Ons” at the bottom of the Corkboard tab under Scrivener>Preferences.

Edit: Double answer!

Thank you both very much! I am now going to go and see if I can make sense of your instructions and get things back the way they were.

Thanks, too, for telling me about deselecting “allow drop ons”!

Yay! It worked! I like that keyboard thing. :slight_smile: