Help! issue with Opt-dragging from Collection to Binder (won't duplicate!)

I’m sure I’m just being an idiot, but I can’t seem to get the instructions from the Scrivener User Manual to work for me!

What I want to do is: select items in a Search Collection and deposit COPIES of them in a folder in my binder. I do not want to move the originals. The User Manual seems to suggest that I can do this by selecting files in the Search Collection, Opt-dragging them to the Binder tab and then dropping them in the appropriate folder, but when I try this, I keep ending up moving the files, not creating duplicates. I realise that as a run-round I could just duplicate the files first and then select and drag them, but it’s obviously much more efficient to opt-drag and drop. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

(I’m using Scrivener 2.7 on Mac OS 10.6.8 ).

Thanks!

Have you enabled the ability to Opt-drag to create duplicates? The checkbox is in the Navigation preference pane. Otherwise this should be working fine, if I Opt-drag a selection of items from the collection list to the “Binder” tab, hold a second to let it switch, then drop the items where they should be copied to, it all works as expected.

THANK YOU. As I suspected, I’m just an idiot. Totally failed to notice that setting. You guys are just the awesomest for being here to help out befuddled users like me. Cheers!