Help with project-accurate word counts please...

Hi. New to Scrivener…

I have a novel in three acts. Each act folder contains chapter documents. I’ve set a target word count for the entire story, and so I know the approximate places I want my major plot points to fall, as they relate percentage-wise to the entire story (inciting, turn to Act II, midpoint, turn to Act III, etc.)

I would like to be able to highlight/select/identify (whatever you want to call placing your cursor in a document) those plot points in the project and know at what point (word count) in the entire project’s word count they fall.

None what I’ve tried does that. Mouse-hovering in the search bar over the main editing section gives me total number of words over the total word count target. Selecting all the chapters in an Act folder gives me the total number of words in that Act. I want to be more precise and know the word count where specific events fall in the overall story. To be able. for example, to place my cursor at the inciting incident and see that it falls at 8,000 words of what I know is an 85,000-word story.

Is this possible? Thanks for any help!