HELP -

my stuff won’t compile for export ! :open_mouth:
I have no idea what I am doing wrong! I have four chapters /sections in my binder and it will only export the first one - the rest are coming through blank! :cry:

Could you please give more details? What do you mean by “coming through blank”? Are all the files inside the Draft folder? What are your compile settings?
All the best,
Keith

Are the other three children of the Draft/Manuscript/Whatever-you’ve-called-it folder, or are they siblings at the same level in the hierarchy as the Draft? Only documents within the Draft/etc. folder will compile.

Mark

I solved it eventually by checking all the tick boxes and I checked the ‘as is’ box and it compiled and exported fine.

I am really finding my way with Scrivener - at times it feels like a dream tool but its interfacing with word is causing me huge problems (clearly down to my ineptitude as I really do not know what I am doing!)

Now I have compiled it exported it as an rtf file opened in word, and it is appearing as an A5 doc rather than an A4 - I have checked the margin settings and page set up and all is set for A4 portrait layout so I am not sure what I ma doing wrong - I have read the help file but there is a level of assumption in its instructions that it is talking to someone who knows about file pathways etc!

I do apologise I am aware I am probably doing something fundamentally wrong and simple to fix but as I am very new to all this software and not that brilliant at Word I really do need a dummies guide!

Thanks and sorry for the delay in replying - I was crying into my supper! :blush:

Just to give you all a wee giggle the reason my margins were so out of kilter was because I had comments which exported and hence appeared in comment boxes on the left hand side … typical technofuckwitism!

I knew it was me and not Scrivener!