HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First, I am NOT tech savvy. I become lost very quickly.
I upgraded to Scrivener 3 after using Scrivener 2 for 4-5 years. While using Scrivener 2, apparently I created a huge mess by using bak files. Hence, I have multiple original and back up files scattered all over my Mac and my iCloud.

So, first and foremost for me right now is this. I have the Scrivener icon in my dock. When I click on it, it does not open Scrivener. It forces me to go to my menu bar at the top to open Scrivener. However, I am not getting the same binder each time I open Scrivener.

All I want to do is click on the icon in the dock, Scrivener opens and my single binder appears where all my files are available to me.

How do I accomplish that?

First, you need to confirm that the Dock icon is actually opening the version of Scrivener that you want, which you can do with the Scrivener -> About Scrivener command.

Second, if you’re going to launch everything from Scrivener’s Recent Projects menu, you need to confirm that the Recent Projects menu points to the correct versions. As a side effect of the upgrade to Scrivener 3, you probably have both Scrivener 2 and Scrivener 3 versions of some projects. To fix this, first clear the Recent Projects menu (File -> Recent Projects -> Clear Menu), then open your projects using the File Chooser, one at a time, and figure out what you actually have. I’d recommend using Finder as needed to rename projects that have confusing or duplicative names.

And finally, if you haven’t already, I’d recommend taking a look at our upgrade guide for Scrivener 2 users, here:
literatureandlatte.com/scri … date-guide

Katherine

File Chooser?

“File Chooser” is the name for the standard pane that every Mac application uses to choose what file to open. It’s what the File → Open command shows.

Katherine