hide scrollbar in composition mode

I love scrivener. Thanks for all the hard work!

I can’t seem to either find how to hide the scrollbar while in composition mode in windows or a discussion that this feature is missing. If I just couldn’t find it or this is really a feature request rather than a bug report, please let me know and I can take down the post.

I checked the mac version and it’s there along with help to do this in the forum. This post has views but no responses. Does is a bug or is it a difference in feature set? It’s not on the differences between mac and windows versions so I assume it’s a bug?

That said, I write almost entirely in composition mode it’s really nice in the mac version without the scrollbar.

It’s been part of the OS-X/MacOS system—and is System-wide—for many years now. If it’s even possible using Qt, LAP & Co. might well have to code it themselves for the Windows version. But I have no idea if it’s possible.

Mark

Hi twoifiwrite,

In both the Win Beta and Win 1.9, the vertical scroll bar initially displays when launching composition mode…

…and then hides automatically after 5 seconds.

(Images above from the beta.)

The vertical scroll bar will display again if I move the cursor over the scroll bar area to the right.

So possibly there’s something going on in your system to keep it from hiding?

Try launching composition mode and then keep your hands off your keyboard and mouse for 5 seconds. Also, try keeping your mouse away from the scroll bar area.

HTH,
Jim

Thanks so much for the reply. So that’s exactly what was happening. I was looking to know if I could customize it in the way that I’m familiar with on the Mac version. I must have just missed it when I read through.

That said this is my first time posting and there have been a few times when I have been surprised by something on Windows and I just want to know if it’s normal or just for me… For instance, there were two font issues that turned out to be reported bugs and then a select within scrivenings mode issue that looks like it’s just not been implemented yet but is on the road map.

I guess all I’m saying is to thank you for taking the time to clarify. I rely heavily on Scrivener, especially composition mode, so I can’t wait for it to be more complete like on the mac version.