Hierarchical Numbering

Hello,

In compile options, Is it possible to start hierarchical numbering starting from the second level instead on the first?. Today when I use <$hn> tag it starts numbering from level 1

ex of What I would like
Part: THIS IS THE FIRST PART(level 1 folder)

Chapter 1: this is chapter 1 (level 2 folder)
1.1: this is the subpart 1 (level 3 folder)
1.2: this is the subpart 2 (level 3 folder)
Chapter 2: this is chapter 2 (level 2 folder)
2.1: this is the subpart 1 (level 3 folder)
2.2: this is the subpart 2 (level 3 folder)

Part ; This is the SECOND Part (level 1 folder)
Chapter 1: this is chapter 1 of 2nd part (level 2 folder)
1.1: this is the subpart 1 of 2nd part(level 3 folder)
1.2: this is the subpart 2 of 2nd part(level 3 folder)
Chapter 2: this is chapter 2 of 2nd part(level 2 folder)
2.1: this is the subpart 1 of 2nd part (level 3 folder)
2.2: this is the subpart 2 of 2nd part(level 3 folder)

Thanks very much for your help
Best regards,
Litlat05

The hierarchical numbering placeholder always counts from the top level of the compile group, so no, there is no way to nest something into a folder so that it is a subdocument of it, and then have it print itself as though it were not a subdocument. It is this way so you can use another numbering style for level 1 folders, a common useful need for that would be to have chapters addressable, using something like <$n:chapter:<$title_no_spaces>> style notation, so that you can cross-reference to that number from elsewhere. <$hn> numbering then picks up at level two as expected, with “1.1”.

You could try using level 1 files for your parts, and not actually nest the chapter folders into them, so that they would be acting more like dividers. Then you would give level 1 files “Part” title treatment, and level 2+ files standard treatment, leaving the rest the same.

Hi AmberV,

Thank you very much for your answer.
This is a good idea: I will do as you suggested for turnaround.

Best Regards,

Litlat05