Highligh temporary bibliography cites

Hello.
Is there any way to automatic highlight or put in different color text between temporary bibliography cites?.
{Donald, 1999, #1867}, for example
This could make easier to identify bibliography cites when we write a document (I think)
Thank you very much.

Not directly with Scrivener, there is aren’t many tools that we have available to work with that would make it a simple matter to analyse your text and then make that text appear a certain way without actually changing the way the text is. I.e. it would literally be blue, not just look blue in the text editor, and most people wouldn’t want that for obvious reasons.

I only want that Scrivener mark the cite (without modify the format) temp cites. Evidently, I neither want a change of text style.
The logical flow will be something like:
If Scriv found text between {} (or any other bracket customized in Scriv options) and this text have (some character or symbol. #, for example), mark this text as cite.

So, Scrivener has no facility that would go through and do this automatically for you.

However, since you are, I assume, pasting these temp cites from Endnote or similar as you go, why not flag them at that time in some way – highlighting for example (or even text color)? This will make them stand out in your draft docs as desired. This can work for you without impacting your output, because highlighting and text color are both things that you can have removed during compile. Compile > All Options > Transformations > Rich Text Conversions.

Sure, it’s not auto codehinting functionality, but maybe it does what you want.

Gr

P.S. By the way, why do you want your cites to stand like that? When I put temp citations in, it is more like set it and forget it – no need to pay attention to those cites anymore once they are in the text. All will be taken care of when I post-process the output with Endnote.

Could you use the Comment or Annotation function for this?

As with gr’s suggestion, you would need to do this when the citation was created, but the Compile function could take care of “unmarking” the text when you output it.

Katherine