Hoisting

Hi,

I think this topic has been discussed a while ago, but I’d be very interested in hoisting.

In the finder, one has the ability to go on any folder in list mode :

And by pressing CMD + Down, you “enter” the folder, and change the root of the hierarchy :

You can the go back up the hierarchy of folder by pressing “CMD + Up”.

This would be very useful to temporarily focus on a part of the project.

Documents > Hoist Binder. :slight_smile:

Cool, Thanks !

Is there any way to have a keyboard shortcut for it ? I’m also really used to the ability of some tools like Omnifocus to save “perspectives” and have them as icons. It would be nice to save the "hoisted’ view of some parts of the document as icons in the toolbar, so that you could switch fast between different contexts. In any case, a keyboard shortcut would help a lot :slight_smile:

You can add all the keyboard shortcuts you want via the “Keyboard” pane of System preferences.

Hope that helps.

All the best,
Keith

Great ! I fill like an idiot for asking features that already exist, but in any case, I’m really happy I can now quickly hoist and unhoist. Thanks a lot !

Features that already exist are my favourite requests - less work. :slight_smile:

I think that the Hoist/Unhoist commands are misplaced. They should be in the View drop-down menu, not in the Document drop-down menu, since they affect one’s view, but not any documents.

Or View/Outline/ sub-menu, rather. Top-level View menu needs a pretty hefty reason to move something into it, given how big it is already. :slight_smile:

I don’t know if I agree, seeing as you are hoisting the documents. They would be pretty well buried in the View menu, even in View > Outline, especially as the View > Outline menu refers to the binder and outliner, not just to the binder as Hoist does.