Hotkey Special Characters

So I started my Scrivener days on Mac, but I have been migrating more and more to PC. The Windows team has done a great job, and the transition has been nigh painless. However, there is a MacOS feature that I miss terribly, and I can get around it in Word, but I’m not sure how to do so in Scrivener.

I need to be able to use special characters without having to type out an alt code. And not just because it’s a huge waste of time and hard to remember, but also because I do most of my writing on a laptop that doesn’t have a numpad. On Mac, it was just a matter of holding down the vowel (I almost never used characters on consonants), but those days are gone.

In Word I can hotkey special characters like ä. Can Scrivener do this as well? How do I access it?

Also, can the Beta / will Scriv 3 be able to do this? And if so, how?

-Eric

You might be better off if you posted thi in the Beta Testing forum, where the devs are more likely to see it.

:slight_smile:

Mark

I think I will, haha. I was trying to not do that, since this really is more of a general feature question that may have already been implemented long ago.