How about user-input zoom levels?

I’ve been using scrivener a lot between different computers - a tiny netbook with the windows version and a huge iMac - and the biggest thing I’m noticing is the difference in font size between the different screens. This is fine, of course, because it’s very easy to zoom in and out with Scrivener, but what would make it even easier would be the ability to input a zoom level.

The reason why I think this would be nice is that at the moment the steps are:

800, 600, 400, 300, 200, 175, 150, 125, 110, 100, 90, 75, 50

… i.e. they’re don’t divide the space equally, but are clustered around 100%. Going from 600 to 800 is a 1 in 3 increase, whereas from 100 to 110 only 1 in 10.

Hence, where I have a font that looks just a little wrong in the 100% setting, it’s very easy to make it look exactly right because there are small steps available. But if it looks just a little small at 200%, then often I find 300% is too large and I have to resize the font to make the acceptable zoom fit the middle of the range again.

What I’d like, if it’s at all possible, is the ability to put in a numerical value for a zoom, so I can make it as fine-tuned as I like.

Hi,

This is already on the list for the future, although there’s no set date for it - it’s a bit more complicated than it sounds, and certain zoom levels can cause drawing problems with the text system. But it will be coming one day!

Thanks and all the best,
Keith

Cool!

And thanks for the reply :smiley: