How can i assign links to index table?

Hi,

I’m editing a cookbook and created folders for my chapters. Each of these folders is accessible on a Table of Contents index page (front matter) via a link (which I assigned).

My question, however, is within each chapter I have about 15 or so recipes (with subheader titles, say “Vegetarian Chili,” “Vegan Tacos” etc.) which I would like to create links for as well in my Table of Contents (TOC) . So let’s say my TOC looks like this:

TABLE OF CONTENTS (hyperlink-able in eBook)

Chapter 1: Vegetarian Recipes (link on this line takes reader to the beginning of Chapter 1)
Vegetarian Chili (subheader link desired, don’t know how to set it up with a Scrivener Link)
Vegan Tacos (subheader link desired, don’t know how to set it up with a Scrivener link)
etc. (subheader link desired, don’t know how to set it up with a Scrivener link)
etc. (subheader link desired, don’t know how to set it up with a Scrivener link)

My guess is that I will have to Add subfolders for each recipe under each Chapter, and then add a Scrivener link.
Is that right, and/or are there any faster approaches?

Thank you,

Richard

You’ve got the right idea, but you can automate the process significantly using the Edit -> Copy Special -> Copy Documents as ToC command. This will (for output formats that support links) create the links to ToC items for you. For ebook formats, even this isn’t necessary as the format includes a ToC generator.

Yes, each item that you want to show in the ToC will need to be its own document in the Binder. It’s not possible to link to the interior of a document. The Documents -> Split command can help expedite the process of breaking your chapters up if needed.

For more details, see Chapter 23 in the Scrivener manual.

Katherine