How can I change font settings?

When I start a project the font is Helvetica and size 13. How can I change the font size in this project to Helvetica 12? Not finding anything about it in the manual.
I am using the “no style” choice for the appearance. I assume the “no style” is the default and perhaps that is where the font can be changed?

— Richard

Once you’ve formatted one paragraph to look the way you want, you can use the Project → Project Settings → Formatting pane to make it the default for this project, or Scrivener → Scrivener Preferences → Editing → Formatting to make it the default Scrivener-wide.

Then, the Documents → Convert → Text to Default Formatting command will reformat existing text to the new default.

Sorry to keep bugging you. After this last question, that you helped me with, I decided to change the paragraph spacing to 2 points after each paragraph. I did that, selected the paragraph, went through the process you have described for changing the default and it does now work. I have tried it 6 times now, so I guess I need your help.
When I have the project settings/format window open I don’t see anything I can select to hold the change. I have tried the default button and that did now do anything.
Any further suggestions very welcome.

Have you successfully formatted an existing paragraph to match what you want?

What “does not work?” Are you unable to change the default for new documents, or unable to reformat existing text?

I was able to follow your directions and change the font size in the “no style” default.
I tried the same method with paragraph spacing, tried 3 times, doing the same steps and it did not hold. Maybe paragraph spacing change not an option?

Again, could you clarify exactly what is not working, please?

Were you able to set the desired paragraph spacing in existing text?

Were you able to set the desired spacing as a new default, and did it work in new documents?

Were you able to reset existing text?

In case this is confusing you: “No Style” is not a style. It’s literally just text that doesn’t have a formal style applied to it. Changing some text that shows “No Style” in the style drop-down will not retroactively change all other un-styled text.

I had used successfully this guidance on changing the default font size for my text.

So this question has to do with my trying the same method to change paragraph spacing. As I did above I selected a paragraph that had “no-style” and made the changes. Then went through this steps, as above. However it did not seem to hold when I tested a new paragraph. I did not use this part: “the Documents → Convert → Text to Default Formatting command” Perhaps that was the problem? I am thinking might be easier if I just create a style to use.

Was the new paragraph in the same document, or in a new document?

It was in the same document. The document I had changed font size in before.

Create a new document and type in new text. The new text should have the new formatting defaults, including paragraph spacing.

To change existing documents to the new formatting defaults, click on the document name in the Binder, then choose Documents > Convert > Text to Default formatting.

Best,
Jim

Try selecting the whole thing and then changing the formatting.

Also, as JimRac said, try creating a new document.

Jim, thanks for that. Will try it.