How can I change how far the Tab key jumps to the right?

I figured out how to have everything line up on the left sign of the screen while I write by using Options > Editor and dragging the top ruler button to the far left to 0". However, I would like to change it so when I push Tab on my keyboard, it doesn’t jump to 1.1"

How can I change how far the Tab key jumps to the right?

Right-click on the ruler to add a left tab stop (so that when tabbing to it, text will continue to flow from left to right). Once you have the little icon on the ruler you can drag it around to the spot you wish. It’s a good idea to add these to your default formatting settings so you don’t have to continue setting those up each time you make a new document in your projects.

By the way, not sure what you are using it for, but using the first-line indent slider is the preferred way in the industry to indent the first line of the paragraph for normal text. If you were intending to use a tab key instead each time you started a new paragraph, it’s usually better to use the indent marker as that is more flexible to work with later on than literal tab characters in the document.

You’re right. Maybe that’s how I should do it. I’ve always done it using the Tab key. Maybe time to change my habits. Thanks for the information.