How can we get a Scrivener outline to appear in Scapple -- as a horizontal row ?!?

The scenes and beats for my project are nicely entered as an outline in Scrivener.

I would now like to brainstorm, using Scapple, around that outline, filling in the details, playing with ideas. I would like that outline to read from left to right in Scapple as a big scroll. The idea is that left-to-right is a more intuitive approach for plotting the action – in bubbles above the outline. The vertical axis could then represent emotional value … and character arcs / excitement arcs can be more intuitively seen and plotted.

I seem to be only able to copy/paste or drag from Scrivener into columns in Scapple.
Is there a way to transpose a column in Scapple to a row in Scapple?
Is there some other standard way to get my Scrivener outline to appear in Scapple with horizontal orientation?

After creating my outline column in Scapple, I can then drag one bullet at a time into a row, then use “Align-top” to get them all lined up. That gives me some uneven, undesirable spacing between bubbles, though (I am having trouble getting it to appear uniform, anyway) … and this approach is time consuming … i have something like 200 entries to handle in this way.

Is there an easy way to get the bubbles in this row evenly spaced?
… is there a one-click transpose feature in Scapple to switch horizontal to vertical and vice-versa (like one can do in a spreadsheet)?

(I even tried pasting from Scrivener to a Google Spreadsheet … got a nice column … I transposed the column to a row in Google Sheets … I then copied this row into Scapple … … and GOT A COLUMN as my result in Scapple !)

Thanks in advance for your help.

There is not an automatic method for transposing a column into a row, but it’s pretty easy to do so:

1. Select the last item in the column and drag it to the right, representing the maximum width (you don’t have to be accurate here, it is easy to adjust later if that is too wide or narrow).
  2. Select it and all other notes from the original column.
  3. Use the Notes ▸ Align ▸ Top Edges command. You’ll get a pile of notes on the left, proceed directly to the next step without touching anything else—we don’t want the original selection (which will have everything in order) disturbed.
  4. Use the Notes ▸ Distribute ▸ Horizontally command. This will spread the notes out between the leftmost and rightmost notes, and since our note selection was originally formed from an ordered list, it should distribute the notes in order from left to right.

So the further to the right you drag the last note, the wider the row will be. In this way you can adjust the distribution if you get overlap, or too much space between notes. Now that the notes are spaced out, you don’t have to worry about the original selection order.

By the way, have you checked out the new Arrange by Label corkboard feature in Scrivener 3, via View ▸ Corkboard Options ▸ Arrange by Label? If you use labels for tension then I believe this view does exactly what you are trying to do with Scapple.