How do I apply color to styles in Scrivener so that it is preserved when compiling to word

How can I do this? Thanks.

When you’re editing your compile format, click in the sample box and highlight the heading or paragraph style you want to have in a particular colour, click the ‘Aa’ button and in the font chooser, click on the button with “T” followed by a black—presumably—square. That will bring up the colour picker.

:slight_smile:

Mark

Actually, you just modify the style in the styles panel of the compiler. :slight_smile:

Yes, you can do it that way. I realised I have set the heading styles in the Compile dialog and then ticked the “Override text and notes formatting”. I think I did it that way because I had to work out how to use Styles and the new Compile system right from the beginning of beta-testing when there was no guide, or I couldn’t find a guide to it. I made many mistakes, including setting a “Normal” style.

Using v. 2, I had set it up so that each of my various paragraph presets used a slight but invisible to the eye difference in colour, so that, on compiling to RTF, when I opened it in Nisus Writer Pro, I could simply run a macro that searched for text in each of those colours in turn and applied the appropriate style to the paragraphs found. Those colours may still be there in the editor; doing it in Compile means you can edit in any colour you like but compile to standard black, or to specifically coloured paragraphs as you wish.

But I’ve never had a problem with my styles being carried over to DOCX or RTF on compile.

:slight_smile:

Mark