How do I compile for Kindle and download to the Kindle app on my iPhone?

I tried to compile, using info on the web that was not specific enough to help me. I wound up compiling something (epub2) that I was able to see in iBooks on my Mac. (My mac is too old to allow syncing to Books on my iphone.)

My goal is to read my compiled draft on my phone. I’d rather avoid compiling to pdf unless it is the only way that will work.

I have downloaded and installed (I believe) KindleGen and Kindle Previewer 3. When I tried to compile, I found that I could go to an epub format, but I was not offered “mobi” or "kindle formats as options.

I hope someone can help. Thanks!

Kindle Previewer can convert epub files to mobi format, independent of Scrivener.

What version of Scrivener do you have?

Katherine

Te,
I do not understand part of your advice. After I compile a book for Kindle, I can’t see it in Safari. If I try to open files in safari, it ignores kindle formats and won’t open my book. How do I use Safari’s SHARE function in this case?

Thanks.

Katherine,
I am using Scrivener 3 on my imac… I looked at my compiled book in Kindle previewer 3. From there, I can “export” it, but I cannot figure out how to export it such that the Kindle app on my iphone can see it.