How Do I Export Scrivener 3 to Older Version?

Based on scrivenerclasses.com/lesson/exp … -2-format/

[code]If you need to work on a project on a computer that doesn’t have Scrivener 3 or Scrivener for iOS, you can export it to the Scrivener 2 format (compatible with Scrivener 2 for Mac and Scrivener 1 for Windows).

Here’s how.

1. Open the desired project and go to File>Export>as Scrivener 2 Project.[/code]

However, I can’t seem to find “as Scrivener 2 Project”.

Kindly assist.

Thanks!

Are you using the Mac version of Scrivener 3?

If so, it’s on the File -> Export menu.

Katherine

I am using Windows.

That option is not in the current Windows 3 betas. To convert back to a format compatible with Scriver 1.9.x for Windows, you will need to do one of the following:

1. Use the Mac version (or a friend with the Mac version) to open the v3 project and export it as v2.
  2. Copy and paste the contents from v3 to v2. This will be slow, if you have lots of metadata you want to keep.
  3. Compile your v3 document to a format such as RTF or DOCX, then import it in v2 and split it appropriately. You will lose all you metadata this way.

Is it possible to have both v3 and v2 installed in a PC? As I did not recall uninstalling v2, it just disappears from my PC when I installed v3.

Thanks.

Yes, it is.

From the Scrivener 3.x beta for Windows release notes at https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/scrivener-3-0-beta-release-candidate-10-download-links-change-list/38228/1:

[i]Installing 1.9.9 and 3.0 Beta Side by Side
It is possible to have both 1.9.9 and the Scrivener 3.0 beta installed simultaneously, but you will need to choose a different location during the installation process (e.g. change the default “Scrivener” folder name to “Scrivener3”). We suggest also changing the name of 1.9.9 shortcuts before installing Scrivener 3 to prevent the new installation overwriting them.

Please note that at this time, only the most recently installed Scrivener version will appear in the Windows Programs list, and double-clicking a project file will attempt to open it in that version. You can instead drag the project file icon onto the appropriate app icon for the version you want or use File > Open… within Scrivener to access the project.[/i]

Thank you. I tried to choose a different location, but to no avail.

Anyway, case resolved - managed to get the content to older version of Scrivener.