How do I increase text size on my screen without changing formatting size?

As I write on my laptop, I would love the text to be larger so it will be easier to read.

Menu View → Zoom → …

and / or bottom left of the editor there’s a number probably saying “100%” right now. Click on that.

2 Likes

2 Likes

As others have said, you can use zoom, but remember also that the point of Scrivener is that you can write your text in any formatting that you find comfortable with because when you come to compile you can set the exported text to a standard format.

:slight_smile:
Mark

1 Like

It is common enough in my use of Scrivener (I am thinking mostly of work uses here) that I will want to quick print some stuff straight from the editor, or print-to-pdf some notes for a colleague. These are not cases where I am using the Compile cycle. For this reason, I find it much handier to leave the basic font size in the Editor pane at something standard (12pt), and just use the Zoom setting ti adjust the appearance. These days I like a sumptuous 175%.

1 Like

I use the Editor Zoom as well, for much the same reason. My Compile requirements are usually pretty simple; using a non-standard Editor font and then changing it back would add complexity.

Using the Zoom setting is also more convenient for ad hoc temporary changes, for instance if I want to evaluate the visual “shape” of a large block of text.

I actually use a standard font, Adobe Garamond Pro 13 pt, and have it set to 125%. I compile to AGP 11 pt.

But I thought someone should point out the other option to @ScottO; it’s his call. There are a number of users here that prefer to compose using a monospace font, for instance, but compile to TNR or whatever.

:slight_smile:

Mark

In my case, the reason to rely solely on the zoom rather than adjusting the font size, aside from the quick print as mentioned by @gr (+1), is that I also work my projects on a laptop + a windows tablet; all three of which (including my “desk” workstation) have different screen sizes and resolutions.
It just wouldn’t work otherwise.

I am comfortable with a 110% zoom at my desk.
But I couldn’t do with less than 125% on my tablet. For e.g.
(My tablet is set to a high rez so that Scrivener’s interface is actually really small. Which gives me more space for the editor’s content. But then I need to increase the editor’s zoom.)

1 Like

I assume this tweet is entirely coincidental https://twitter.com/ScrivenerApp/status/1560527547217108993 :innocent: