How do I start a .mobi Kindle book from the cover page?

Does anyone know how to default the starting page of a .mobi file to the cover page of the book? I am compiling from Scrivener and exporting to .mobi, but whenever I open the book in my Kindle app, the page that is first displayed is one that’s a few pages into the book. It’s the first ‘folder/text’ in my manuscript. However, I have a bunch of front matter, such as Dedications, Author’s notes, etc. I want the book to open at the very first page (cover). When I export to .epub, I don’t have that problem and the book opens to the cover in iBooks.

There is no way to do that, officially, with Kindles. If you’ve seen that done with Kindle books before, they were actually using a somewhat messy work-around. The book will have its cover image, but then it has a page at the very beginning of the book, before the title page, that is nothing but a big graphic—with the cover image again. It makes your book larger for download purposes, and kind of looks weird if you flip through the book since there are two cover pages, so I generally don’t recommend it, but if really want it, that’s how you do it.

[quote=“AmberV”]
There is no way to do that, officially, with Kindles…quote]

Damn, I was afraid that was going to be the answer. Ok, thanks.