How long did it take for everyone to get their license email?

I purchased scrivener today, at about 1230 pm and I haven’t received any sort of confirmation email or anything with a license. It’s 730 pm now. I know it went through, because I used PayPal and it’s on my statement. I’m just wondering how long it took people to get their emails.

Four minutes. That was back in 2017.

Have you checked your spam folder?

1 Like

I feel I should mention that Outlook.com has an annoying tendency to sometimes just eat emails outright rather than putting them into spam, even if the address is whitelisted.

2 Likes

I didn’t consider the possibility of someone actually using that one.

1 Like

It’s generally not more than a few minute before you’ll receive the confirmation email. As suggested, check in your spam/junk folder or search for paddle.com in the “from” address. You could also try the license recovery here, which should re-send the email to you, although if your service is simply eating them, that may not help much. If you’re not able to find it, email our support team and let us know the email address you entered when purchasing and we can look up the license info. (I didn’t see any purchase under the email you used for the forum—if it was that, possibly there was a typo in the address we’ll need to hunt for.)

1 Like

Yep. Every hour, at least

I’ve been watching my spam folder, social and promotions, just in case. And I tried doing the license recovery, and it said it emailed me something, and nothing. And I made sure to check the email address that I typed in, and it is right.

Like dryers and socks, huh?

2 Likes

I wish it were true, then I be able to avoid all those pesky debt collectors.

2 Likes

Oh and I forgot to say, that I did send in an email and got an email back saying they won’t be in until tomorrow. I was just really curious how long it took. Obviously, it’s been way longer than normal. If I don’t hear anything back tomorrow I’ll write a new help email.

If you mean Literature and Latte, @MimeticMouton is “they”.

1 Like

Oh, well sure. New, remember? Lol. Either way. I sent the email at around 1244 and got the “we’re closed” response at 1246.

Yes. That’s why I told you. :slight_smile:
– Not trying to make fun of anyone. –

Are you currently running the trial version ?
It is fully functional. If you don’t have it installed yet, or don’t have it used up (30 days), that’ll get you going meanwhile. (LL’s staff won’t let you down. You’ll get your license.)

1 Like

I did have a trial version a few months ago, so it’s expired. But it’s been on my computer all along. It did scare the sh*t out of me when I saw “paddle.com” for the person/company paid on PayPal, and at first I didn’t realize Literature and Latte was Scrivener. I thought I’d gotten scammed for a little bit, all good though I realized that was legit.

Perhaps not. (?) It is 30 non-consecutive days. It can last over a year, even two or three.
It is 30 times used once (or more) in a day ; not a month and then it times out.
So if you only ran it a couple of times, should be good to go still.

1 Like

nope it says expired when I open it.

Success ?
. . . . . . . . . .