How to back out PDF file as it is just before importing?

I just live with excellent Scrivener and have one question.

I wish to back out PDF file from Research folder to Desktop again.

After importing PDF file (filename : Apple.pdf) to Research folder, I wish to back out it to Desktop, however, I cannot drag and drop from Research folder to Desktop.
When I try to export this file, I cannot find PDF extension in SAVE AS box.
When I try to Open it by External Editor (OSX Preview) and Save it to Desktop again, I notice that its filename is changed from Apple.pdf to 14.pdf.
When I view content of package ***.scriv, I can find 14.pdf but cannot find Apple.pdf.
I guess original name : Apple is restored from binder.scrivproj, info.plist, and others.

I appreciate to get the way how to back out PDF file as it is just before importing.

File > Export > Files… (The extension only pertains to text files, as it says in the export box.)
Best,
Keith

Thank you for kind and quick advice.

I CAN export Apple.pdf onto Desktop just AS IT IS except filename. The exception comes from my mistyping filename. Is there any convenient way to auto-type original filename: Apple?

In my case, filename of PDF has long file name.

regards,

Not at the moment, no - it will always come up “Untitled”. But 2.0 will use the binder file name as the export name when exporting a single file, so that you will no longer have to retype titles in this manner.

All the best,
Keith

Thanks again.

Great!!

Sorry, one more question.
Can I import link (alias) of PDF file to Research folder? My trial is rejected with message like : could not be read.
I have a bit big PDF database (~13000) and avoid to double it via real import (copy) if possible.

regards,

Hi,

No, you can’t do this. The binder is specifically for imported files. You can add references to external files to the project or document references pane in the inspector though.

All the best,
Keith

Thanks again.

I CAN drag and drop PDF file (Mac.pdf) onto Documents Notes in Inspector of Apple.pdf in Research folder.

Is it correct action to meet your advice?

Regards,

Document notes is just a text view. You need to switch to the References pane by clicking on the bookmark-like icon at the bottom of the inspector, then you can drag references to that pane. You can also switch between project and document references - take a look at the section on “Meta-Data” in the Help file for more information.

All the best,
Keith

Thank you for so kind reply to beginner’s elementary question.

I think I live with Scrivener more friendly from now.

Thank you so much again.

Regards,