How to filter unwanted forums and see the rest?

I guess for those used to this SW, converting mentally to this new forum is a breeze, but for the rest of us, it’s really not obvious how to do obvious things.

For example, I never want to read MacOS posts, and I sort by Latest, to see what’s unread by me. How to I create that filter?

(Still wondering if there’s a way to get signatures back, BTW.)

Thanks,

Thomas

As far as the filtering goes, this works for me (and an exasperating process to set up, too):

• Click on your icon (the upper rightmost one in the header.) It has (I assume) either your avatar or your initials.
  • Click on the little person icon in the drop-down menu that appears.
  • Click on “preferences” in the drop-down menu.
  • Click on the “preferences” tab that appears in the new page. It’s just below your icon & user name, the rightmost option. (Yes, it’s yet another click on “preferences.” Drives me nuts.)
  • Click on “categories” in the left sidebar.
  • Click in the “Muted” text box. Add all the categories and subcategories that you don’t want to see.
  • Finally, click on “save changes” at the very bottom.

As for signatures, I sure wish they were available, too.

2 Likes

You might also want to do this:

In the same general profile preferences area, click on Interface and set Latest as your preferred “home page” for the forum. Then when you arrive at the basic forum address https://forum.literatureandlatte.com, the Latest list will be showing when you arrive. Perhaps more importantly this is where you will be again when you click on the forum header from wherever you happen to be.

2 Likes

Wonderful suggestions. Thanks.

Note to mods: This might make a good pinned thread.

Thomas