How to Get Links to Compile in Color

I’m trying to compile it in PDF form, and the links do not compile in color, only black and white, unless I manually change all the colors. How would I get them to compile in color, on my normal screen they appear to be in color.

This is a bug with the Microsoft Office converters for PDF. For the moment, there are two ways to get around this:

1. Switch to the alternative converter. Go to Tools > Options… and in the Import/Export tab click “Export Converters…”. Select “PDF” from the drop-down menu on the left and “Scrivener” from the menu on the right. This converter will compile and colour external hyperlinks in your document, but it does not support internal “bookmark” links, so it won’t be a good option if you’re trying to create a table of contents or other internal links in your document.

2. Compile to RTF and open that in Word, then save to PDF from Word. This has an extra step, but it will preserve any internal links.

I changed the converter to scrivener, but oddly when I convert to rtf, the links remain, but they stay black. Is there any link option that I’m missing?

Ah, in the Transformations tab of Compile, make sure that “Ensure hyperlinks are colored and underlined” is checked. That forces the hyperlink formatting for Word (though it’s not currently working when using the Office converters for PDF, hence the bug). I forgot that needed to be on for the RTF route, sorry!

Thank you, it works great.

In your opinion, what’s the best way to convert from RTF to PDF? I wanted to use Scrivener because I heard that it was the best, but clearly word has issues. Should I save as pdf? Export? Or should I be using a different app? Thank you