How to get rid of "Save as PDF in..."-option

Long time ago, I tested “Eaglefiler”. For an hour or so, I saw very soon that it was not what I was looking for, so I deleted it.

Since then, an option resides in my print dialogue, “Save as PDF in Eaglefiler” (along with other options more useful).

I’d like to get rid of this one, but I don’t know how this options are fed. I looked around in the library, but I found nothing suspicious.

Any hints welcome!

In the Finder, go to ~/Library/PDF Services (where the tilde represents your home folder). In there you’ll find a number of aliases entitled “Save PDF to…” - all you need to do is trash the EagleFiler one.

All the best,
Keith

:smiley: :smiley:

Worked immediately! Thank you!

On the bottom of the PDF options list you can find the menu point Customize Menu (or whatever it is called in the English version of OS X). By clicking that you get a minus and a plus button to remove or add items.

By the way these items are stored not only in the personal folder’s PDF services folder but also in its counterpart in the main folder.

It would be great if it was possible not only to remove or add Print As PDF to … items but also to alter their order. I’m using just two of them and they happen to be at the bottom of the list. And I don’t dare to delete the rest because they come handy every now and then.

And while where at it—how to remove leftovers of trial software, that is—: If anyone knows how to remove entries in the sync items list I’d love to hear about that. Seems still not to be possible, at least not in a simple way.

(Sorry, Andreas, if this is too off-topic.)