How to increase the page width

Hello. I think I need to increase the width of the page, is it possible?

The reason is that I want to paste an audio script where the lines are quite long. Since every line starts with the time code instructions like:
[00:00.000 → 00:05.940] here is the transcript of the video
[00:05.940 → 00:09.460] and here it goes on and on

I thought that if I can fit properly on the page, than I can do that special select and select the column of the time code and delete it, so that the result is this:
here is the transcript of the video
and here it goes on and on

Are you trying to adjust how things look in the editor pane or when compiled? Unclear.

If you are trying to adjust how things look in Scrivener’s editor pane, then probably what you want to increase the width setting here in Scrivener Settings/Prefs:

(Though if you have Page View mode turned on that might complicate matters.)

1 Like

Thank you. My idea was just to adjust the editor width. I thought I could do it adjusting the ruler. I just need the extra width in order to perform the SHIFT+OPT+X to cut a column of text.

1 Like

The fixed width editor setting that you ran into was implemented so folks with big monitors would not get ridiculously wide columns of text if they made their Scriv project window wide. So that max width is not representing paper or anything. (You can also just uncheck that option rather than setting an increased width.)

1 Like