How to Install the Update to Non Internet Computer

Hi,
What is the procedure for installing the update on a computer which does not have access to internet?
I was able to install Scrivener on this XP computer several weeks ago, and it’s working fine, but I also would love to have the latest update on that computer.

Thank you.

Melissa

Since you’re posting, I’ll assume you have internet access on some machine. :slight_smile: Just download the full 1.5.3 installer from the website and save it to a USB stick or such, then copy it over to your XP computer and install it. I recommend uninstalling 1.2.5 from that machine first, before installing 1.5.3, for the cleanest update. That will make sure you get the correctly updated keyboard shortcuts and such.

Hi Jennifer,

I didn’t uninstall the prior version. I was a bit afraid to do that as I didn’t want to lose my work. I just downloaded the updated version to a flash and then installed. It seems to be okay. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Melissa

Great, glad you’ve got it working! For future reference, uninstalling doesn’t affect your projects, as they are saved externally to the program (in your Documents folder by default, though you may have chosen another location when creating the project).