How to open a project saved in Scrivener 3.0 with the old Scrivener?

I’ve been using the Scrivener 3.0 for a while. As I understand after September 15th it will stop working. So, I bought an old version but now I can’t open project saved with Scrivener 3.0. How to do it?

You can’t (as is explained clearly when you first open an old project using the beta), but don’t worry, there will be a new version of the beta before the current one expires — L&L haven’t missed a deadline yet.

Thank you! In this case there is no problem :slight_smile:

Also, in case you are concerned, you can use the File -> Export -> Files command to extract your work at any point. Since this command will give you a folder full of ordinary RTF files, you can then re-import the result into any version of Scrivener.

Katherine

Thank you :smiley:

As explained, you can’t. However, if you’re really worried about L&L missing the deadline for the first time this Beta (which fear I completely understand), you may also have both versions open at the same time, with a new project in the old version, select all in the Beta’s binder, and literally drag the selected binder into the old software’s binder, and save that. Not everything will drag over, but the text will.