How to open old Scrivener PC post in a Mac

I have read about the topic but very nervous about this

1. I am supposed to save to Dropbox. Can i also save to amazon drive?
  2. How should I bring it from dropbox or amazon to my Mac?
  3. Do I have to change the format?

Very unclear, appreciate any help. Thanks

Some more details would be helpful. How old? Was the project opened in an up-to-date version of Scrivener for Windows, or has it been sitting untouched for a couple of years?

If it’s up-to-date, and you have Scrivener on Windows available to you, my suggestion is to open it in Scrivener for Windows, then use the menu File->Back Up->Back Up To…

Pick a folder that’s easy to get to, and check the box that will create a ZIP compressed copy of the project.

Then get it to your mac however you like. Copy that zip file to a thumb drive. Upload it to google drive, use dropbox… however you want.

On the Mac, just double-click it to unzip, and then open the file in the latest version of Scrivener for Mac. It will create another copy of the project (a “version 2” backup), and then upgrade the main file to the latest format.

The original project will remain safe and un-touched, and the transfer of the .zip compressed file will mean you won’t lose any of the various files and folders that make up a project.