How to save and load Scrivener project in Box account?

Hi,

To my great dismay, I’ve just found out that if I save a Scrivener project to my Box sync folder, it never appears in my account!

I’d be most grateful for hints on how to persuade Box to accept Scrivener projects.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Same here. So disappointing. Box.com does not upload from my Box folder to Box.com. I then tried dragging the file into my logged in box.com account within my browser. What happened was it then appeared as a series of files (main doc plus a few folders) instead of the single scrivener file on my harddrive. See the attachment. A basic glitch there. PLEASE resolve! :neutral_face:
Screen Shot 2013-08-08 at 2.03.28 PM.png

The issue is with Box - they don’t support Packages on the Mac (which is what the .scriv file is - just right click and Show Package Content). I ran into the same issue with other applications that store their content into a Package such as OmniGraffle. I stopped using Box because of that and switched to SugarSync (Cubby, Dropbox, and I believe SkyDrive also support packages properly).

Pierre

I can confirm that Cubby and Dropbox both sync package files (they appear as folders on non-OS X systems).

1. Sign in to Box and create a Box Documents folder on your drive.
  2. It should appear in your Finder Sidebar.
  3. Use the File:Backup command (not Save) and check the box that says
  4. Backup as a ZIP file.
  5. Direct the backup to go into the Box Documents folder.

Two key points:
always backup a Scriv project as a ZIP file (fast and safe)
you don’t need to use the long, date/time-stamped names
use the shorter regular name if you prefer.
Just over-write the old backup file.

I have no problems with Box when backing up as a ZIP file.

Thank you for the good advice! Never thought of that.

Kind regards,

Joachim