How to select some items for compile

I know this is bonkers but I’m posting this as a reply to a question as I can’t find how to post a new question on the forum!!! I’m sorry, but I’ve just gone through pages and pages and see ways of replying to posts but not making new posts.

Anyhow - my original question was how to select some but not all folders and documents to compile. And the answer, which has worked perfectly fine, was Select the items in the list that you want to change (e.g. select the first, hold down Shift, then select the last of the thirty to select all thirty). Then hold down the Option/Alt key and click on one of the “Include” checkboxes among the selection.

Holding down Option either sets all items to the same ticked/unticked status as the one you click on (if there is no selection) or all selected items to the same ticked/unticked status (if there is a selection
Holding down Option either sets all items to the same ticked/unticked status as the one you click on (if there is no selection) or all selected items to the same ticked/unticked status (if there is a selection)

However, that’s not working for me anymore. I go to the first document, select it, hold down the shift, select the last, hold down opt/alt - and every document in the project is selected. Has compile changed with the latest update? I’ve wasted hours on this! Thanks. WG

For future reference, go to one of the “sub forums” of the relevant section. For instance, Starting at the Board Index here: literatureandlatte.com/forum/index.php
… you would then click on The “Scrivener for Mac OS” link there, and then the “Technical Support (Mac)” forum on the next page, or you could just click the “Technical Support (Mac)” link under “Scrivener for Mac OS” at the page you first go to.
Once you’re at the Technical Support page, there will be a big red “New Topic” button (if you’re logged in).

You can’t post to the pages that just list the major topics; you have to choose the most appropriate place to post to. So read what each sub-forum is about to pick the right one, click on that, and keep going until you see the New Topic button.

I don’t know if how the opt-clicks work has changed, but that’s way too tedious for what you want to do…

An easier way to do things is to select the documents you want to include, then bring up the compile interface.
When you bring up the compile interface, near the top right area there is a funnel icon. Click it and you can filter which documents to include in the compile or exclude from it. Among the options is to filter on the selected documents in the binder.

Thank you so much for the information, both on posting and on compile - that’s made life so much easier! Appreciate your time in posting such a comprehensive response.

WG