How to set language for MMD LaTeX export?

Hello!

I am using LaTeX for typesetting a document drafted in scrivener. MMD works fine so far but i have no idea how to set the language in the draft export. Afaik MMD has a meta tag that is used for smartypants but not handed through to the babel packages.

I would appreciate any ideas how to get this done with scrivener, surely i am not the only one using scrivener with LaTeX in a non-english language. :slight_smile:

Best regards
Silvan

No, you are certainly not. :slight_smile:

I’m not entirely sure myself - I may have created Scrivener but Fletcher Penney is the creator of MMD and better suited to reply (he answers many mails here, for which I am very grateful to him); otherwise another user of MMD will probably be able to help you better than I can.

The SmartyPants setting is set through the Typography settings of Preferences. Any other settings that are set in the header tags of MMD can be added through File > MultiMarkdown Settings. I’m not sure if that helps or not.

All the best,
Keith

Thanks for the answer, Keith.
I did test the MMD Settings but so far could not find a solution through them.

Side note:
Maybe there should be a forum for MMD?

Cheers
Silvan

What do you mean by “set the language”?

MultiMarkdown is language agnostic, other than the setting (used in Scrivener) to help decide which version of SmartyPants to use for certain typographical elements (e.g. “smart quotes”).

Hello!
In essence i mean setting the correct babel package in LaTeX (\usepackage{mylanguage}) for getting correct chapter titles and so on.
Cheers
Silvan

There’s not a built in way to do this - but you can adjust the XSLT stylesheet to include whatever additional packages you like.

thanks, i’ll take a look at the XSLT…
Cheers
Silvan