How to view ONLY the corkboard

Forgive me if this has been asked before - I searched before posting this, and was unable to find a similar topic.

Despite all Scrivener’s amazing features, I find the only tool I really want to use is the corkboard. I use a small netbook, and would love to be able to have the corkboard spread across my entire screen, without the Binder window and the Synopsis window taking up valuable real estate.

Is there a way to NOT display those other windows, so that all I see on my screen is the corkboard?

Thanks in advance for your help!

There should be icons in your toolbar to hide each of them, situated above the binder and inspector. Or just use the menu (View->Layout->Show Binder/Show Inspector). You can also hide the toolbar for extra space (View->Toolbar).

Once you have everything set to your liking, you can save the layout so it’s just a menu choice away from this setup again (View->Manage Layouts).

Thanks, Robert - it worked like a charm!

As RDG says, you can collapse pretty much everything! Here is what it looks like if you do:

To achieve this look, use the following keyboard shortcuts to close the various elements.
+ 2 (enters corkboard mode)
+ + B (shows / hides the Binder)
+ + I (shows / hides the Inspector)
+ (shows / hides the format toolbar)
+ (shows / hides the main toolbar)
+ (shows / hides the footer bar)
+ (shows / hides the header bar)

You’ll need to remember a couple of mouse shortcuts on the corkboard to make navigation easier!

I suggest first going into the options dialogue (F12) and then clicking on the Corkboard settings. Make sure you have it set such that an “Empty Space Double-Click” will “Open the Parent Corkboard”! I would also make sure “Allow dropping dragged items onto cards” is selected.
With these settings, the following commands will get you around!

Double click on the corkboard background goes back up one level.
Click on the little icon in the title bar of a card to go into that card stack / edit that document.
Click elsewhere on a card to edit the title / synopsis text for that card.
+2 takes you back to Corkboard mode if going into a card takes you to a different view mode (eg you’ve clicked in to a document it will produce a blank text editor. +2 will take you back to the corkboard (a blank one, probably) and a double click on the background will take you back up to where you were before).
+ N will create a new card (which would be a file in the binder - use ++N if youd rather a folder, or right click the new index card to change it after creation. I suspect if you are only using the corkboard you won’t care about this distintion though!) You can then just drag and drop the new card as you see fit, including onto other cards to make a stack / sublevel.

Great info - thanks, pigfender!

Alternative to that is Alt-Shift-UpArrow (which it should be noted has a bug right now where you have to look at it once in the menu before you can use it; that is View/Go To/Enclosing Group. That is the same as the double-click to go to parent.