I bought a license and can't access the licensed version of Scrivener

I bought a license for Scrivener about two years ago. I haven’t used the app in a while. I tried logging in this morning and received the following message:

The license you have provided is not valid for Scrivener 3. If you have already upgraded then ensure you are using the correct serial number. You may request an additional copy of your purchases from our serial number retrieval page.

License does not match product.

What do I need to do to access Scrivener?

Thanks

If you want to continue using Scrivener 1 for Windows, please download version 1.9.17 from our legacy downloads page then install that, and register it with your email address and your existing licence code for that version.

If you want to upgrade to Scrivener 3 for Windows, you can find upgrade information here.

All the best,
Astrid

I have the same exact issue. But when I am stuck at step #2. When I open Scrivener 3, my Trial window does not give me the option to “Upgrade from an older version”. I just have “enter license” and “continue trial.”

Welcome to the forum, CLSawyer. For privacy reasons, we don’t discuss licensing issues on the forum.

I’d recommend opening a help ticket using the email links on our contact us page to submit a help request.

You can attach a screenshot of what you’re seeing in Scrivener 3 and include it with your help request. That will allow whomever picks up the ticket to have some additional information about what’s occurring.

Your “Contact Us” page resuts in a rejected email error. This is the email error…

Reporting-MTA: dns; ps233852.dreamhostps.com
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 6151310033343E
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; xachaffery@aol.com
Arrival-Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 08:00:58 -0700 (PDT)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; windows.support@literatureandlatte.com
Original-Recipient: rfc822;windows.support@literatureandlatte.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; mx1.mailchannels.net
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 [NR] Message rejected

Were you attempting to fill in the form? Or, did you attempt to directly email the windows.support@literatureandlatte.com email address?

I ask because we’re seeing a few reports about rejected emails. Knowing which you tried would be helpful as we try to figure out the cause of this.

Hello:

Sorry for the delayed response… I was travelling yesterday.

I was using your form. There was a link to it under your support area.

The form has been reported previously as an issue. I’d recommend using the email addresses instead.

That is good advice, except that problems are few and far between. By the time I need support again, I tend to look on the support link, as I do for any software, and use whatever they have there as a contact point. If the form is an issue, perhaps it should be taken down and replaced with a link requesting customers to email technical support questions. :smiley: