I can't open Scrivener

When I tried to open Scrivener today, it didn’t work.

First I tried to open it from the dock. I clicked on the icon, but nothing happened.

Then I went to the application folder, and tried to open Scrivener. I got a message that Scrivener could not be found when I clicked.

What has happened?

Does the icon in the Dock have a question mark on it by any chance? It sounds as though you may not have installed it properly. It sounds as though you somehow copied an alias to the version of Scrivener on the .dmg file to your Applications folder rather than the application itself. Try reinstalling and see if that helps.
All the best,
Keith

There is a question mark in the icon. I tried to reinstall Scrivener, but I got a message that there is something wrong and I don’t know what to do.

What message did you receive? If you give me an exact breakdown of what you are trying to do and what is actually happening, I can try to help you.

All the best,
Keith

Hi there, I’m having a similar problem, although there’s no question mark over the scrivener icon. When I attempt to open the program it bounces for a few seconds in the dock & then disappears. I’m using a trial version, but I don’t think my 30 days are up yet - have barely had a chance to try it out!

Cheers, Miriam.

If it disappears, it usually indicates that either you don’t have the right OS (Scrivener requires Tiger or Leopard, so if you have Panther or lower it won’t run), or that you don’t have QuickTime installed properly. What OS are you running? If you do have Tiger or Leopard, try opening the Console (~/Applications/Utilities/Console.app) and see if it says anything when you try to open Scrivener.
Thanks for trying to try!
All the best,
Keith