I guess Scrivener wont open file or backup

Hello everybody,
I took a break from writing in November but am ready and rearing to get back into it! tonight I go to open my file aaaaaand crash, I have updated my mac to macOS BIG SUR recently and it has been a little while since I used the program but other than that I cannot seem to find out what has happened, I also unzipped the backup which is also crashing. If I open Scrivener without trying to open my manuscript, it opens fine.
any ideas on what I can do or where i can start looking? and also what may have caused this so i can prevent it happening again? helo!
would it be helpful if i paste the crash log? I don’t speak code fluently so it is no help to me…

Please install Scrivener 3.2.2, our Big Sur compatibility update. That should resolve the problem.

You can download it here: literatureandlatte.com/scrivener/download

Katherine

There is no way to install a Mac OS compatibility update from that page anymore? I’m having the exact same problem and I bought the app outside of the app store so I don’t know what to do.

The page I linked has nothing to do with the App Store, and worked fine when I tested it thirty seconds ago.

Katherine

Edit: There is a link to the App Store, but that’s for the iOS version. Mac OS Scrivener can be downloaded directly from our page.