I promise, you’ve never heard a syncing problem like mine before.

Dropbox files on IPhone and IPad are identical even though my Scrivener files are not.

Not only that, :new documents that I made on my Ipad do not appear to be registering on Dropbox at all.
But the system tells me sync is working, and Scrivener/Ipad keeps the new documents after I leave and return to Scrivener. TG. I printed out a hard copy just in case and also copied it into Ulysses,

I‘ve been trying out Ulysses and Notebooks 10. I miss WYSIWG when I’m using Ulysses but I Ike the sync. I’m having sync problems on Notebooks 10 (they also use Dropbox) as well as a software problem.

If I have to say with Ulysses, I will. Nothing is worth this headache. But if anyone has a solution, I’d be so grateful to hear it. I love working in Scrivener.

Thanks.

On iOS Scrivener, when you’re viewing your projects and you have Dropbox set up in Scrivener, there are two sections: “On my [ios device]” and “Dropbox”. Are all of your projects in the “Dropbox” section?

“…My Scrivener files [on my Mac or PC] are not [identical to my Scrivener for iOS files on both iphone and ipad]”

If you are indeed syncing between iOS devices, so that you can open and edit them on either device, sync on both, and then see the change on the other device, then it sounds to me like your dropbox app on your Mac/PC isn’t set to use the same account.

Scrivener for Mac/PC has no built-in Dropbox code; you have to install the app from dropbox.com and then edit your project in the folder set up to sync with Scrivener for iOS. Counter to that, Scrivener for iOS cannot make use of the dropbox app on your iOS device, and so has to do all the communication with the dropbox.com servers itself. You don’t even need the Dropbox iOS app for use by Scrivener.

This sounds like the project isn’t in the “On Dropbox” section. Tap on “edit” in Scrivener for iOS’s projects list and then move the project from “On my [ios device]” into the “Dropbox” section and sync.

To sum up:

1. Install the dropbox app on your Mac/PC, and make sure it’s using the same account as your iOS Scrivener devices are using.
  2. Make sure your iOS Scrivener projects are actually in the “Dropbox” section of the Scrivener projects list.
  3. On your Mac/PC, only edit the version in the folder under ~/Dropbox associated with your iOS devices. By default that’s Dropbox/Apps/Scrivener/
  4. Always sync when you are done working on an iOS device, and before you start working on it or another device, just to avoid sync conflicts.

Thanks, I think I did all that. For over a year, everything synced from Iphone to Ipad and vice versa. I’ve checked everything again: Everything is instructed to be stored on Dropbox, Dropbox has only one e-mail for me (I had changed e-mails and neglected to update Dropbox, I don’t know if that screwed things up.Things have been messed up for months, I don’t know since when. I changed e-mails in January.)

I’m a little confused by your description of where I should be working: someplace in Dropbox or in Scrivener, as I used to no matter which of the two devices I was on?

The only thing I can think of is to delete Scrivener on my Iphone, reinstall it, and then try syncing again. What do you think?

Thanks, I think I did all that. For over a year, everything synced from Iphone to Ipad and vice versa. I’ve checked everything again: Everything is instructed to be stored on Dropbox, Dropbox has only one e-mail for me (I had changed e-mails and neglected to update Dropbox, I don’t know if that screwed things up.Things have been messed up for months, I don’t know since when. I changed e-mails in January.)

I’m a little confused by your description of where I should be working: someplace in Dropbox or in Scrivener, as I used to no matter which of the two devices I was on?

The only thing I can think of is to delete Scrivener on my Iphone, reinstall it, and then try syncing again. What do you think?

Have you checked that both iPhone and iPad are syncing to the same folder in your Dropbox account?