** I Thought It Would Be Easy, Then This Happened

Hello,

Just celebrated a birthday with the surprise of a new 2012 MacBook Pro. Trying to get Scrivener, which I have on my older 2009 MacBook Pro to play nice.

Having read through the online topics, I’m pleased to say that I do have all necessary information (my original email when I ordered, serial number, dates, etc), have successfully downloaded the latest version to my 2012 MBP, but cannot get it to accept the serial number with user name, both copy and pasted from my order email.

Have a pending deadline (of course, right?!) to add to the pressure.

ERROR Message: “Invalid Serial Number or Name.”

I am on a direct, ethernet connection, versus wifi to make the process a tad more clunky while I deal with a failed external hard drive. *Somebody shoot me in the foot with a tank.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tell me how to contact and I can provide what ever information necessary to prove my order and customer status.

Thanks so much,

Rob

Try emailing

support@literatureandlatte.com

or

sales@literatureandlatte.com

Or try the FAQ.

Martin.

Thanks Martin,

Thought going the forum route might expedite the solution since I was in the wee hours of the morning. I did look for FAQ, but found this page instead, which I hadn’t before, if it should help anyone else.

I’m under the belief that I’ve done this, but will try again, none the less… Here’s the page:

literatureandlatte.com/inval … index.html

Rob

I think you’ll find that the support staff reside in the UK and the US, so they may not have the same “wee hours” as you have! And I think that “sales” is UK based.

Martin.

Noted.

Thanks for the insight Martin; appreciated.

Rob

If you’re still running Scrivener 1, then you’ll have to download the old version (if it will even still run on the latest Mac OS) from this page: literatureandlatte.com/download_mac.php It’s in the side-bar to the right.