iDisk backup

I’ve tried sending my Scrivener backup files (zipped) to iDisk and find the web interface fails to upload the files on a regular basis. Same thing happens when I go to my iDisk in the finder and drag and drop the file. Sometimes it works, often it fails. I’m running Tiger on a PowerPC G4.

Any thoughts on how to get iDisk to behave itself, or another application I might use to upload the files to iDisk? Anyone using Transmit, does it work well?

Thanks.

iDisk? Feh. Dropbox. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I know, but I found Dropbox funky, at least when I tried it shortly after it came out, same with Mosy.

Transmit seems to work just fine(after a half-dozen successes).

The application allows you to create a droplet, which I’ve put in the folder holding my most recent Scriverner backups. When I’m really to back up, I just drag the backup file to the droplet and it sends it to iDisk.

“Funky”?

I’ve used Dropbox regularly and it saved my bacon recently after my hard drive failed.

Trip

I use DropBox … iDisk is just a repository for old stuff that I may need some day. DropBox is brilliant, provided you don’t try working on a .scriv project or similar package format “file” actively. Always work from your internal HD.

I’m also a long-term Transmit fan, though I’ve never used it with iDisk. I also have ForkLift, which has other advantages, like being able to move files between folders on a local disk. I don’t use it to replace Transmit, though, as I trust Transmit and it’s easy to use.

Mark