Ignore this post. Nothing to see here.

I don’t really need this post since it was highjacked. Have a great day! :smiley:

I published a book only a week ago, and it looks just fine in the preview on Amazon.

I used the Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing interface and submitted my epub version to KDP who transformed it to mobi. I tried to use the Compile to mobi within Scrivener, but Scrivener claimed that there was something wrong with the KindleGen I had downloaded from the KDP site. So I simply used the epub version I had already prepared for the iBookstore. No problems at all.

If KindleGen stalled, it might be this…

Congrats! And if we want to read your book, what is it called?

Anosmia :blush:

On my list. Thanks!

Going to be an intriguing read.

A very different world, in spite of being non-fiction. :wink:

Indeed. And you’re right about how people readily think that could live without smell——if they had to lose one of their senses——without really knowing what it means to live without that sense.

I had mild synesthesia as a child, where some things smelt of colours. Marmite, for example, was an overwhelming smell of purple.

Are your other senses hightented by your anosmia?

This has been a recurrent subject of discussion in our Facebook group. Some say yes, others no. Of those saying yes, there are two main lines: those who claim to be more perceptive to visual detail, and those that have a heightened sense of touch, making them (us) dislike massage, band aid, bracelets, things that “irritate” the skin in some way. I got my first wrist watch when I was around 12, tried to get used to it, gave up when I was 14-15 and have never worn any since then.

Some of us also seems to have a heightened sense of taste, whereas others (unfortunately) have a very crude sense of taste. For a smeller that’s not a problem (unless you lose your sense of smell) but for an anosmic it means that food tastes very little, so what’s the fun of eating? I was lucky enough to have a sense of taste with high resolution.

Synesthesia is an intriguing subject, but utterly incomprehensible if you haven’t experienced it, which I haven’t. :slight_smile:

One really big insight for me personally while researching for the book was the abyss that separates people who lost a sense from those that congenitally lack it. There are similarities, but the differences are much bigger.

Wait. So, ‘Anosmia Erótica’ was not the right book… Erm, okay.

gr

P.S. Seriously, congrats on completion of the book. Looks both interesting and enlightening.

:imp: Y think puss would’ve warned us t’ be careful where we clicked :frowning:

Lars
I wish you success with the book, and I hope it brings some comfort to you and others.
Take care, Lars
Vic