Images are centered in PDF and epub formats, but appear left-justified in mobi format

Images are brought in via tags, they are centered in the draft, and they have “Preserve Formatting” specified:

I have a small test project but it’s too big to upload; let me know if I can send it another way.

Thanks–

Some ideas to reduce the size of the test project:

1. A single image would suffice for a test.

2. A small low-res image can be used.

3. All extraneous material can be deleted from the project, and the trash emptied.

4. The single-image project can be zipped before uploading.

Such a project should be fine to upload to the forum.

Best.

Thanks–I’ve done all that (including emptying the trash and zipping the file) and it’s still too big. I’ll see if there’s a way to send it directly.

I can’t reproduce this myself. If the project is too big to attach, if you have Dropbox you can always send us a link to download the project (zipped up).

All the best,
Keith

Hi Keith, on 7/16 I sent it (zipped) to mac.support@literatureandlatte.com, but if necessary I will upload it somewhere and send a link. Thanks–

Thanks - I’ve looked up the file and I see the problem. I think this is a bug in the Kindle, seeing as if you look at the HTML file, that looks fine. After playing around, I found a way of fixing it, though. In your Compile format, under “CSS”, add the following line to the bottom of the custom CSS area:

figure { text-align: center; }

That should get it looking as you want.

All the best,
Keith

Thanks Keith!