Images revert to larger size after document re-opened

Unless I am doing something wrong, I believe I have found a bug in the software.

It concerns embedded images.

The problem:

• images, even when resized within a document, return to their original size after Scrivener is quit, then restarted.

Process

• I take a JPG image and drag it from the Finder into my Reference folder
  • I navigate to the page where I would like the image to be
  • I drag the image from the Reference folder into the destination page
  • at this point the image is too big. I double-click the image, and the Resize Image box appears
  • I type the new resolution into the box below, press tab. “Lock Aspect Ratio” is selected
  • the image is resized properly
  • I quit Scrivener, then start it again. The image has reverted to a larger size

Image information

• they are all high resolution: 300 DPI, and some images are over 4000 pixels wide
  • a mix of JPG and PNG formats

Software

• Mac OS 10.6.8
  • Scrivener 2.3.1

This bug ends up being a major hassle, especially when submitting documents for print (CreateSpace). Images that revert to the improper size will exceed CreateSpace’s page widths, and CreateSpace will reject the document. Fixing this means that the images must be resized every time the document is launched at the beginning of the day. Luckily I only have a few images, or this would be a very tedious process.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Hi,

I can’t reproduce this (and I was working on an unrelated scaling issue with images in code the other day). Could you possibly send us an image that demonstrates the problem, to mac.support AT literatureandlatte DOT com?

Thanks and all the best,
Keith

Hi Keith,

Yes, certainly.

Will send the image right now.

Paul