Import words to dictionary?

Can one import words (from Word, OpenOffice or so) to the dictionary? Or use dictionaries from Word / OpenOffice?

The main Scrivener dictionary is licensed from Aspell, and is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Scrivener\Aspell\dict. The .rws files there are the dictionaries. However, they are not really editable, at least not without some risk. You couldn’t just place another dictionary there and have it work.

However, as you add words to your personal dictionary, they are stored in the file C:\Users[i][YOUR USER NAME][/i]\AppData\Local\Scrivener\Scrivener\wordlists.ini. This is a plain-text file, with words separated by commas and spaces (with some important plain-text header information at the top). So, if you can export your dictionary from Word or OpenOffice to a plain-text file formatted in this way, you can substitute it for wordlists.ini, or merge it with wordlists.ini. I hope this is helpful.

Yes, yes, very helpful, will do it like that and if necessary adapt the exported file by search and replace to the wordlists.ini format, many thanks David.